Friday, January 11, 2008

Well, whatta ya know...

I won!!!
Alicia and I with one of the store's managers

Our local grocery store has a drawing at the end of the year for everything from bicycles to microwave ovens to TV's and even a motorcycle. Alicia filled out my coupons (one for every R$ 20 purchase) and put them in the giant bin at the store. She confessed to me later that she would spin the bin around and look to see if she could see any of our coupons. :)

While we were at conference (see previous post) we got a phone call from the grocery store letting us know that my name had been drawn for the 4th prize...a DVD player. Frankly, I was more excited that my name had been drawn than I was about actually winning a prize! So, today I took my professional coupon filler-outer-bin-spinner to the store with me to get our picture taken and pick up our prize. Not bad, huh!

1 comment:

Jonathan Johnson said...

that's pretty cool, Lori! Congrats! :) - Denielle :)