Sunday, January 13, 2008

Changes

Alicia, Anabel and Jessica
VBS Program 2008


If you would ask our 3 girls to pick their favorite event of the WHOLE year, I am absolutely sure it would be Conference and VBS. There isn't anything quite like having a ball with their fellow MK's that they only get to see once or twice a year. Mix that with 5 days of lessons, crafts, games, snacks (from the US!), prizes, competitions, and LOADS of other activities, there isn't anything that even comes close. The memories are priceless.

Jessica pulled out all the stops and earned the grand prize in the teen girl's category for verse memorization (and a bunch of other stuff)...a new MP3 player. Except for recharging it, she hasn't been without it since...

Jessica is also headed for some big changes in her life. For that matter, so are we! On the 22nd of January our soon-to-be-15-year-old is moving to Fortaleza (a 4 hour bus ride from MossorĂ³) to study at the same high school where Ken graduated from just over 20 years ago.

Jessica and Ellie (who has taken on the incredible challenge of being "dorm mom"!)

For Jessica there will be new classmates (currently there are only 3 - 9th graders at Fortaleza Academy)...doing all her studies in English (she has studied all her subjects in Portuguese since 1st grade)...participating in a new church, and living with a new "family". Ellie, a missionary collegue, has offered to board Jessica while she studies at FA.

Did I mention we are ALL in for a few changes? It won't be 5 minutes after she is gone and I will feel like my right arm has been cut off, so, the adjustment will be mutual. Talk about tough to let go. I don't think I even need to ask anyone to pray...it's a given!

1 comment:

Jonathan Johnson said...

We'll be praying for you all in this new phase! Missing you all! God bless! :)
- Denielle