Fuchico (pronounced "foo-she-coo") bed cover that the girls and I made on our travels since June.Over the last 4 months, the girls and I have been working on a wee project. It started out as something productive to do on those long days we had to spend in the car. I figured after we had worked on the pieces for a while, we would decide what to make out of them. When it was decided that Jessica would stay in the US to do 10th grade, we wanted to make something to leave for her.
A look close up. Each of the circles is called a "fuchico" which comes from the word "fuchicar" which means "to gossip". I am guessing that ladies would get together and "visit" while they worked. :)

A HUGE thanks to Julie, Johanna and Elizabeth Ratzlaff for helping cut out so many of our circles. I am convinced that we were able to finish only because of your help!
6 comments:
It's beautiful! You all did a wonderful job and I know Jessica will treasure it. :)
That is a really pretty. What a great idea while traveling. Something you all could do "together". Well, maybe not Ken?
Very nice, ladies! Thanks for posting a picture of it so we can see how the finished project looks! How do they hold up in the wash?
Washing remains to be seen. Since I wasn't the only one who "helped" there may be some knots that weren't super well done! I had a little touching up to do as I was putting it together, so we'll see!
Ken's job was to provide moral support and ooo and ahhh. He gets an A+.
Do you have instructions for this? It is beautiful! Glad you all made it home safely.
Beijos e abracos
Post a Comment