Friday, April 06, 2007

Ressurection Eggs

Easter Sunday the kids will present a children's musical called "Life with Christ". The excitement is running high with practices and delivering invitations to their family and neighbors.

It has been quite a while since I have wanted our church to start a children's church that would function during the regular Sunday service. I offered to be one of the main helpers, but suggested that a team that rotated regularly would better meet everyone's needs. Our small group prayed about it and talked about it for a while, but nothing ever really came of it.

Then when Christ is Life moved from the school out to its own property, the possibility of it happening in the near future looked even slimmer. Where were we going to find a spot that wouldn't interrupt the adults? After all, we were all meeting out under the stars!

Since I didn't have any helpers and no real place to meet, HE provided an even better option. While we have our regular Thursday evening group, I take the kids and use the same curriculum we would use in children's church. (Right now we are working through the attributes of God.) I even got a young, energetic, creative, FULL-of-ideas helper...Jessica. She takes the younger group of kids and I take the older. What more could I ask?!?!
Yesterday we used the Ressurection Eggs in our lesson and decorated foam crosses to remind us of how Jesus gave His ALL.
Praying that your Easter is filled with an intense desire to share Christ, who gave His ALL for us ALL.

No comments: