Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter Sunday 2007

Dalva, our resident artist, painted the shirts for the girls who had the major speaking parts in the children's musical presented Easter Sunday night.


Easter weekend was packed...

Children's musical practice on Friday afternoon
Saturday 6am work on getting things in shape for Sunday's services
Saturday music practice and leadership meeting in the evening
Sunday: Roll out cinnamon rolls at 4:30 am
Easter Sunday Sunrise service/breakfast and Communion at 6 am
Oh, no...RAIN!!! 2 pm
Sunday school at 5 pm (no rain!!)
Set up lights, sound and scenery
Practice musical at 6:15 pm (still no rain!!)
Evening Service at 7 pm (once again, no rain...yeah!!)

Alicia is ready to help even at 6am


Building classrooms on top of our storage building. Cement pad (foreground)where the evening service was held. Any questions why rain is a big issue?!?!?

Easter Sunrise service and breakfast...everyone contributed something


The kids' musical, Vida Com Cristo (Life with Jesus), was presented by some of our Sunday School kids. Pictured is the kids choir.


Jessica, Alicia, Hyeza, Suyanne and Myrla...the five girls who memorized the lion's share of the musical. It was fun working with such a motivated group of kids.

4 comments:

Sheila said...

WOW!!! What a BUSY weekend for all of you. Congratulations on surviving through it!

Those kids are growing up so fast! I still recognize many of them, but there are some new faces. Thank you for continuing to work with the kids. What a blessing you are to them!

-Sheila

Debby said...

How I wish I could have been there to join you!!!! Love to you all! Debby

Anonymous said...

Hey Lori!
I finally have made it to your blog.
Wow!!! What a great celebration but very exhausting for you and your family.
We had "It's a Party" napkins on the table for breakfast @ our house since we don't have a sunrise service. That has alway been my favorite part of Easter services and celebrations.
So glad that I get to call Debby my sister...Thanks for sharing her with me. I love her dearly and look forward to coming to visit you and work along your side in your ministry some day. Then I can call you sister too!?

Love to you and your family.

Kim TenHaken

Lori Stucky said...

Thanks, Kim. Any time!