A view from inside the beach house on the bluffs...the location of our retreat.I remember fondly of the days when we kids would get a "day off" a semester from school because the teachers were having "in-service" or "teacher's training". We couldn't care less what they called it, just so long as they didn't give us any homework and we didn't have to do theirs, too!
It is quite another experience now that I am on the other side of the fence. Not only am I one of the teachers, but Ken and I are also part of the administration...the group that gets to organize and execute this "mysterious" event. Here is just a sample of what our retreat was like.
Just for the record, we did work. There were 27 who attended. 16 went the day before and spent the night. A bunch went home after that first full day and 17 stayed the second night to go home after another morning session to be home in time for lunch.
Of course, after we worked, we played. Milton is losing at Rummicube (did I spell that wrong?) Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!
Relaxing at the restaurant on the beach before our fish supper (the one meal we ate "out")

A bunch of us hiked up a very large dune and then tumbled down where it came out onto the beach.

Only 17 of the group (Ken is taking the picture) that participated in the retreat. Forgot to the get the "big group" foto the day before. Bummer!
No comments:
Post a Comment