
Sunset on the beach where we stayed. Figure out how we can see the sun set over the Atlantic and you get 10 gummies!
Thursday afternoon Ken and I did what was next to impossible. We got away!
I managed to get my Friday classes taught earlier in the week, Jessica handled the kid's club Thursday evening (with the help of "able bodied" Ivonete) and the practice for the kid's musical for Easter. Larissa stayed with the girls, got them to school, back home and do their homework and chores...not to mentioned the loads of food that they made and consumed!
I thought I knew the schedule...
- get in car and drive to Fortaleza
- spend night with friends and leave the next morning
- Lori gets dropped off at a school to visit with some friends while
- Ken attends a meeting
- Lori gets to the lab to do some routine tests
- Ken picks up Lori and...
- we go home.
NOT
Everything went as planned up until the last point on the list. We drove within 70k of MossorĂ³ and took a turn. I knew the area, so had a clue where we were, but didn't know what was going on until he turned into a little "pousada". My first question was, "Does Larissa know we aren't coming home tonight?" I guess everyone but me knew about the little "get away" so I didn't stress out. It was nice to get away from the grind for a while.
4 comments:
Getting away is a needed rarity indeed! We can never quite do ONLY the getting away as this morning we were out digging up options for our staff training retreat two weeks from now. We found just the right place. No doubt you will all soon see pictures of that event. Testing is finished and we now enter the 2nd quarter of the school year. Pray with us for effectiveness in our many daily contacts with students and their familys. ken
Wow...Ken, kudos to you for surprising Lori! I'm SO glad you guys were able to get away even for a short time. I can only imagine how nice that must've been! Lovely sunset photo! I sure miss that warm atlantic ocean!
-Sheila
Wow, good job Ken, for surprising Lori! Can you talk Jason into surprising me with that same trip???? Okay, my guess on the sunset question,...can you see the sunset cuz you are on the opposite side of the equator? -Debby
No gummies for you, Deb. And to think that you actually visited and came up with an answer like that...ok, so I admit, you kinda feel like you get all turned around here, but it isn't because you are south of the equator! :)
Post a Comment