Sunday, November 12, 2006

Through the Bible in a Year

Sunset at the Christ is Life Church
(A spectacular show every Sunday night!)

Late last year I decided to give my "read the Bible in a year" goal an extra shot in the arm. I figured that I would always miss some days, so I started sometime in the middle of December, cause I wanted to see if I could REALLY make it to the end of the year "on schedule".

Just for variety, I decided to read through chronologically. Since I don't have one of those fancy Bibles that is conveniently layed out in that order, I went searching on the web to find a reading plan. Back to the Bible's web site,
http://www.backtothebible.org/devotions/bible_guides.htm
has several, including reading chronologically.


On vacation in July I forgot my purse at our first stop after leaving home. Terribly disappointed, I knew I would have a hard time catching up later (my Bible was in my purse!). Finally, after getting my purse back and a few more months of reading, I made it through all the OT prophets (that is even tougher than reading through Leviticus!) and made it to the NT.

As of today, I am 5 days ahead of schedule and have "discovered" so many things I had never noticed before. For example, do you know who accompanied Joseph of Aramathia in taking Jesus' body off the cross and what did they take with them? I'm not going to give it to you that easy...you'll have to figure it out for yourself! If you don't already know, I think it will surprise you. :)

Haven't decided what I am going to do next year. Maybe read through in Portuguese? Maybe Historically? Will see. Still have over a month to decide!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lori!

It was so good to hear form you! Love the blog. I'll make sure I keep up...

Boy! Do I miss all of you. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't pray for all my brothers and sisters in Brazil.

Marysville was essentially un-touched by flooding - but some of our people in Granite Falls and near Arlington got hit pretty hard. No "total losses" but some substantial damage.

We're still looking for land to start building a new church. Slow going but God has been faithful.

Weekly services continue to grow...we've added a fourth this Fall. I'm getting the chance to preach more often which I'm really enjoying.

Seeing Joe and Jeannie was awesome! They're due home soon, no?

Family is good. Kellie is now 5'-8" and a high school freshman! ARGHHH!
She has taken up guitar which has displaced drumming...but I'm good with it :-)

Robyn is a third grader and doing very well academiacly. She's also our little party animal, always looking for fun and adventure.

Brenda is still in the coffee "business" and enjoying it. She took a "pilgrimage" trip in September, all by herself - drove from here to her father's home in Minnesota. She was gone two weeks and only wrecked the car once!

Truly - she rolled the car on her first day! She was miraculoulsy UNHURT, and my father rented her a car to complete the trip.

God has been very good to us.

I will try to stay in touch better. Am still working on how to get to you again(or get some of YOU up to us) soon.

John Hosner (big guy with the beard on our team) now heads up AC3's "mission team" which we call "Living Waters" :-)

Our first monetary project was the printer that Chris will be bringing you. Next was doing what we can to support Joe and Jeanne.

Hope to begin talks with you soon about our NEXT idea! SURPRISE!

We're really going to concentrate on ALFA and Cristo E Vita until God (if God) gives us other partners - so my hope is we'll be in touch more often.

Please give my love and hugs to everyone. Tell Edicelio, Naja, Daniel and Paulo that I pray for their family everyday. Love to Bosco, Christiana, Ivonete and Niolka, Milton, Clayton, Francisco, Ricardo and the rest of my friends.

As always - my heart is with you and your family. Love to the girls and Ken