MossorĂ³, March 2006
Back in March my sister and brother-in-law came to visit. This was the culmination of a couple of years of thought and planning (for them AND us!). My brother-in-law, Jason, is a cabinet maker. My kitchen has needed cabinets for a long time. So Jason and Debby came down to help me realize a dream...an island for my kitchen.
************************************
After lots of measuring, drawing up plans, and buying harware, they came down and started into this project. Unfortunately, because of some problems on our end, things didn't get started quite as fast as we had hoped and their time didn't allow for completion, but GETTING STARTED is the important thing.
************************************
Last night we moved it into the kitchen (just Ken, Jessica, Alicia and I) and put the granite on top. (You'll have to ask Ken to give you an estimate on how heavy this puppy is.) Still needs the drawer fronts and doors, but it has already made a great addition to the kitchen just in extra counter top. Extra high for stools on both ends to pull up to and do homework or peel potatoes and storage you can get at from both sides.
Just to give you an idea of the height, I put a normal chair by one end.


2 comments:
Hi Lori,
I got this link from Ken's email update. I can't see the pics (I think Rick has our settings fixed to not show pics. We only recently got cable internet as opposed to dial-up and pictures made the dial-up that. much. slooooower) Can't wait to see what the new kitchen looks like.
All is good here. Our girl started walking a few weeks ago; too soon for my liking, but still exciting to watch. Chandler is enjoying kindergarten at the Christian school here. We just moved to a slightly larger home about a mile from where we had been living. So, we're still stepping over boxes and trying to find all the whatsits and thingamajigs.......
I'm excited to keep reading your blog!
Melissa (Rick, Chandler, and Ella)
GREAT island! I'm so excited for you!!! Thank God for family--near and far--who willingly :) offer help! Happy cooking with your extra space!
Post a Comment