Sunday, November 12, 2006

Are Those Battle Airplanes?

QUESTION: What is sweeter than Brazilian coffee or the most sinful chocolate cake you have ever sunk your teeth into (like I ate tonight!)?
ANSWER: Getting to sleep in till 7a.m.! Since we normally get up at 5:15 a.m. it is almost like getting a mini vacation.

Had a short but good visit with Ellie, a single missionary who lives in Fortaleza. She was here on business working with Ron on mission finances.

Ken left to go see some property out of town about 12 kilometers. Pretty much "savana" type terrain. Very dry.

Has possibilities of really being something, but would take a lot of money and time to do it. He had a good opportunity to visit and witness to the people who are interested in selling it. They have a grandchild who is on the waiting list to go to ALPHA next year.

After my nap this afternoon I took some coffee over to Renee and Larissa to drink with cake and to catch up on their lives. Pretty funny stories about getting set up and the funny situations they get themselves into.

One of Jessica's classmates turned 13. Her mom had a birthday party for her and asked Ken to speak a few words to the guests. He used the parable about the rich fool who stored up worldy goods and thought he could just sit back and live the good life. He applied it to how we need to store up riches in those things that can not be seen: relationships with family, with Christ, in the Word, not waste time doing meaningless stuff, but studying hard, etc.

Ken had youth group at our house while Jessica went to adolescents group at Ron and Ranelle's. Alicia, Anabel and I looked around on Google Earth and found our house and checked out the airplanes at the airport. You would have thought Anabel was a boy the way she was ooing and ahhing over the planes. I tried to put the coordinates for our house, the school and the church in this blog, but couldn't figure it out. Write and ask, and I can forward an e-mail to you with the coordinates.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your blog so far. Sounds like a great idea! Don't know if I would have the discipline to keep up with it.

Ron Stucky

Phil said...

Lori,
As i have been down there and i measure every where i go. This is the location of your house, ( -5 12 55.4, -37 20 5.3 )copy and paste this in your google earth and it shows us what you are having for breakfast.
Thanks for your blog it will help us pray for you.
http://goossen.blogspot.com/

Phil Goossen