MMMM...pancakes on Sunday morning.This morning I tried something revolutionary. It started with noticing that the bacon was probably going to go bad if I didn't do something with it. That settled what we were going to have for breakfast. Since you gotta have eggs with the bacon, I fried those up AFTER the bacon. No bread in the house for toast, so why not pancakes? We hadn't had those in eons. +
When I make pancakes, I usually double the recipe making enough for an army. This results in everyone overeating, feeling sluggish and sick and, finally, storing the left-overs in the fridge till they have evolved into another life form because no one wants to even look at a pancake for another month.
Since four people doesn't even come close to a platoon,* let alone an entire army, I started to rethink my reason for making 12 cups of batter (aka double recipe). Then an exciting new revelation hit me...MAKE HALF A RECIPE. Wow, that seems like so little. Well, why not try it and see what happens?
The amazing discovery: there was ONLY one pancake left over, everyone was totally satisfied and my family and the refrigerator thank me for not over-doing it again.
I think I am on to something!
*platoon (in case you were wondering...I was!):
about 26 men consisting of 21 troops(privates), 3 corperals, 1 platoon sargent(nco) and 1 officer.
+Eon:
one billion years of geological time. (ok, so I exaggerated a little...)
5 comments:
I am the queen of leaving things in the fridge until they are unrecognizable. Right now I am currently ignoring some very old macaroni and at least half a pan of apple crisp that is nearing the two month mark. Nice work on pairing down! It's some fantastic inspiration for me!!
More power to you guys! I'll just bet it is freeing! But bittersweet, at the same time, for leaving the home your kids have been born and raised thus far at. Good memories to take into your new freedom!
What a perfect photo of your pancakes! Excellent!
:)Long time no write! Hope all is going well in your family - have an awesome Thanksgiving!!
I have to admit that I cheated a bit on the photo...NO WAY can I get a picture that good!
cheater
Post a Comment