Sunday, December 07, 2008

Over All Ready?


One of each instrument warming up just before the opening of the Pre-School Closing Program. The Band played a couple of songs and then accompanied the 300+ in attendence in singing the Brazilian National Anthem.


I actually signed something with "2009" yesterday. Good grief! Where on earth has the year gone? I know I say that every year, but this has just got to stop.


A 12 year old Alicia and her birthday cake. Another year races by...

Alicia grew probably 2-3 inches in the 4 months we were in the US. Everyone here wants to know what kind of food they feed people in the US to make kids grow like that. :)


The celebrators and the celebratee.

Sorry to say, because of the flurry of activity at school, I just didn't have time to make a decent cake, so I ordered one. Alicia flattered me when she asked if she could have a homemade cake for her birthday next year. Why? Because mine taste so much better. :)



First REAL snow of the year. While we are roasting in the tropical heat, Jessica is trying to keep warm in Iowa. I hope that smile is still there in February!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Jessica's first major exposure to snow, right? At least SOMEONE smiles at the sight of that horrid stuff!! haha.

loavesandfishes said...

Don't let her fool ya! The snow has melted. I'm just waiting for tons of the stuff so we can go sledding. I love it!