Friday, October 19, 2007

We Made It!


Galinhos, Rio Grande do Norte
Sunset on the Peninsula
Google Earth Coordinates:
Latitude 5° 5'41.33"S
Longitude 36°16'32.31"W


We did actually make it to our destination after that nasty upset. Ended up staying an extra day since it was so hard to get there. I can honestly say we relaxed. It was great to get away. Here are just a few photos to offset the nasty ones in the previous post.

Yep, it is official...I have joined the "40 something" ranks.


The little horse cart (charrete) that took us around on the peninsula. Polkadot, the horse, made up his mind several times that we weren't worth the effort. I threatened to call him a donkey if he didn't get his act together.



Our driver, a funny guy who tried to make us feel better by telling us how he had flipped his little horse cart a few nights before.


A "modern" light house, equipped with solar panels and large batteries for storage. It is locked up good and tight to keep out vandals.

Eating breakfast before heading home. Yeah, I know...don't take a picture looking into the light. You're not really supposed to look at us, anyway, but the view behind us. Fabulous.

One last time...a gorgeous sunset on the Atlantic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I won't go on and on HERE about how much I miss you all, and how grateful I am that you are safe. This kind of thing makes you re-evaluate everything doesn't it?
Brenda rolled a car just over a year ago while on a solo road trip to Minnesota. Like you..only minor bruises from what might have been a MUCH worse accident...but it becomes a bit of a "marker" in one's life.

I'm praying that you will recive all the insight you need to discern and pursue the paths He has for you.

Longing to see Mossoro and all my Brazillan brothers and sisters again soon!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed you sharing your life (good and bad) there in Brazil. You make it so interesting. I'm glad you made it safe to the end of your trip & back. I plan on buying at least 1 square yard of roofing.