Sunday, November 11, 2007

On the Road...Again

The Theatro Alberto Maranhão in Natal, Rio Grande do Norte was built in the late 1800's.

Just over a week after our accident Jessica and I were scheduled to travel with our string ensemble to play at a university graduation in Natal. A day or two before the trip I suddenly had a thought: what if I would have an anxiety attack when riding in the van to Natal? What if I just couldn't get in another vehicle like that? Gotta pray about that one...

I guess I was more worried about Jessica holding up the rest of the group (adolescent hair thing) than I was about my potential anxiety. We were about a mile away from home when I remembered. We made it there and back and I even slept 1/2 the way home.

Inside the theater two balconies surround the outer walls. The building was refurbished 3 times since it was built and finally named after a very popular governor (Alberto Maranhão).

Who was awake at 2am when we walked into the yard? Ken wasn't about to sleep with the two of us out on those roads with a strange driver...we weren't the only ones who were tired the next morning!

We didn't drive 4 hours just to play a few songs did we?!?! Supper at 10pm just before hitting the road.

No comments: