photo touch up by Sheila Flickinger (THANKS!)
Have I ever mentioned that ALPHA has a Junior High Band? :) Ok, I know you are probably getting tired of hearing that, but I just have to tell you about the really cool thing that happened...and it was even for the second time.
Last year some friends came to visit us and spend a few weeks helping us in the church and Christian school ministries. Part of their ministry was to bring some badly needed accessories for our band instruments. They took the list to the music store, told the manager what they needed and why. Then the store proceeded to donate a good portion of the items. Cool!
This year, the same friends were in that same music store and were asked if ALPHA didn't need any more supplies and accessories. Oh, boy! I don't know who has adopted whom, but we are thrilled that these friends have taken us on as their project.
ALPHA has had 20 instruments donated by friends in the last 6 years that we have slowly put into service. This year we were finally able to put all of them to use. With all the supplies we received, it was possible to outfit ALL the instruments with cleaning swabs, valve oil, reeds, polishing cloths and even some new cases to replace the old worn out ones.
Our heart-felt thanks!

Practicing for our first presentation on March 31st...a mini concert for the parents.

1 comment:
Hey Lori! This is REALLY cool... I cant wait to share the 'thank you' cards from the kids with Will. I'm praying it will touch his heart.
Post a Comment