
The "Band" all ready for the program (some are even smiling despite the nerves!)
Tuesday morning I got a phone call shortly after arriving home from school. "Would the school be interested in having one of it's music groups on a live show on Saturday night? The show caters to education and we hear you are doing something really different in the area of music education in MossorĂ³. "
WOW!!! It is true. ALFA is the only school in town that offers anything like this. What is so commonplace in some cultures, is practically non-existent in the Brazilian school setting. What a fantastic opportunity for our kids to represent ALFA in a really unique way.
Super nervous before the show, the kids played great.
I made it through the trombone solo, Mom!!!
Just a few more measures....
Ken, the program's announcer - Clauder, and Milton - music teacher at ALFAKen, Milton and I answered questions from the announcer about the school and music education.

4 comments:
Thanks to Jessica we had pictures for this post. Great job!
Great site. Beautiful photos. Can we see a video of the kids playing?
Oh, don't I wish!!! The photographer didn't know how to take video AND pictures. My next project is to take a short video of them at one of our practices and load it on the blog. Thanks for asking!!!
Lori... is that my clarinet??? Or has it been replaced? What fun pictures to see. I'm so glad your band it successful!
Lisa
Post a Comment