Thursday, September 20, 2007

Daddy is a What?

Fresno Zoo - Furlough 2003

This is the conversation I overheard while getting ready for our Thursday evening church activities...

Alicia: Hmmm…I think I should take all my worksheets for Kid’s Club and put them in a folder or something instead of all loose in my Sunday School bag.
Anabel: Why don’t you just put them in your “piggy hole”? (say what?!)
Alicia: It’s not called a “piggy hole”, Anabel…it’s called a “cubby hole”. (well, at least someone understands Anabel...)
Anabel: How do you know?
Alicia: It’s just what Daddy says.
Anabel: What is a cubby, anyway?
Alicia: (This is priceless...) Well, I think it might be because baby bears are called cubs and cubs are very playful and maybe they like to put the little things they play with in their cages. (Hmmm. So that's why those things are called "cubby holes".)
Anabel: Well, I don’t tink dat is right. I just know he wouldn't call it dat... 'cause Daddy is a bear.

The girls petting a llama at the Fresno Zoo - Furlough 2003. 'Course, now they are much older and tons wiser than they were back then. :)

No comments: