Saturday, March 24, 2007

And By Popular Demand...

THE RECIPIE!

SUPER MOIST CHOCOLATE CAKE

Mix all dry ingredients first and then add liquid making sure to add the hot coffee last:
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup cocoa
1 cup sour milk (fresh milk with a squirt of vinegar works, too)
1 cup oil
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup hot, strong coffee

Bake in greased 9x13 baking pan for 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees (when you see the sides pulling away and the center comes out clean).

The original frosting recipie:
1 stick butter
1 tsp real vanilla
1/2 cup cocoa
3-4 cups powdered sugar
Milk to desired thickness

Our powdered sugar here is grainier, so it doesn't make as nice of a frosting. I prefer the fluffy, smooth, gooey, seven minute frosting recipie (easily found in just about any cookbook) that I can beat up thick and fluffy in my Kitchen Aid with the wisk attachment.

MMMMMM....my resolve to wait another month to make this thing is fading fast....

3 comments:

Eric Townsend said...

I bet it is the coffee in here that you really like isn't it?

Lori Stucky said...

There are many who would suspect such a thing. :) But you really can't taste the coffee. I have no idea why that is in there!

jani said...

I've got a gallon of sour milk. :( This sounds like a great way to get rid of a cup! Mmmm