Friday, February 09, 2007

The Most Amazing Thing Happened...

I AM HOME ALONE! Now, that might not sound so incredible to you...may even happen to you more than you like, BUT it hardly EVER happens to me! Our house is Grand Central Station of MossorĂ³...there are people in our house all day long. Everyone from workers to visitors to neighbors to deliveries to school and church functions. The only time we lock the doors is when we go to bed at night, and twice on Sundays (out to lunch and church).

My Friday classes got done early, so after I took care of loose ends at school, I decided to come home earlier than usual. The lady who helps me around the house didn't come this morning because she is moving to a new house later today and the guy who helps us in the yard and stuff went home sick yesterday...didn't come today. The dogs met me at the gate whining for lack of attention and I found the house locked! Did manage to find the keys, which is a REALLY good thing.

So, what am I doing with my unexpected solitude? First I searched my e-mail for a recipe my sister sent me. Then I went and made it. Just happened to have ice cream delivered the other day by a guy on a motorcycle with a big ice chest tied on the back of it...so I had everything I needed!

Dairy Queen Moolatte
1 cup brewed, double strength coffee, chilled (I cheated and used instant decaff in a cup of cold water)
1 cup of milk
3 Tbsp sugar
1/8 tsp salt (oops, forgot to add that)
2 c vanilla ice cream
1 1/2 cups ice
3 Tbsp of chocolate syrup or caramel syrup or whatever flavor you want your moolatte to be.
I added one of those bendy straws in my super size cup after I blended it all up. (bet you didn't think we could get those bendy straws here, huh...well, you just might be surprised!)

One hour of "a piece of quiet" (Alicia coined that phrase for us) and a real live Moolatte (decaff, of course!) came as a totally unexpected surprise. One for which I am very grateful. Well, better go and put that chocolate syrup away before the girls get home from school or they will start asking questions. :)

1 comment:

Debby said...

You must have experienced a "little piece of Heaven" along with your "piece of quiet"! From one fellow Moolatte Lover to another!