Current read...written by twin 19 year old brothers. A must read for any teenager in your life. The authors challenge teens to rethink the low expectations that our culture places on youth and gives them hope to reach higher than they ever thought possible.
Also reading currently...I had read the author's first book in both English and Portuguese, so already knew the basic subject about how we all have a "language" that speaks love to us in ways that other things don't. This is incredibly insightful into the mind of a teenager besides the basic love languages. I guess it has been a while since I have been in a teens shoes and (amazingly enough) times are a bit different than they were 20+ years ago.
I always thought those personality types were made up by some modern day psychologist, but discovered that that is NOT so...Hippocrates (2500 years ago) nailed down the 4 main personality types. I have really benefited from reading this book, because I not only understand my own strengths and weaknesses more, but I see my co-workers and family with new insight into their unique personalities.
Wow...talk about convicting... I finished this book some time ago (read it every day before my nap time) and am still trying to put this priceless wisdom into practice. Ok, I'll admit it...I won't ever get it ALL "right" as a parent, but I am determined to move in that direction. Fantastic book that all parents need to read. Not too long ago I finished reading RELUCTANT MISSIONARY by Edith Buxton, C.T. Studd's daughter. Sorry, no image was found...I think it was last published in 1968. It never fails to amaze me all that the pioneer missionaries endured and how much they sacrificed to spread the gospel. Then there are some things that they didn't sacrifice...British missionaries always made room in their luggage for tea and had one precious cup a day. So maybe I can have a wee bit of dark chocolate once a week? :) I pray that God would use me like he used those great men and women, who were just as human as I am.
1 comment:
Querida Lorianna,
Aproveitei um tempinho livre para navegar um pouco e ca' estou eu no seu tao agradavel blog.
Fico feliz em saber que vc tem tido oportunidade de separar tempo para ler estes preciosos livros. Que coisa boa! Num futuro proximo, vc poderia me emprestar o Grace based parents? Eu adoraria le-lo. Nao precisa ser agora, pois estou lendo um livro e ja' tem outro no armario esperando por mim.
Com relacao ao ultimo paragrafo de seu post, quero te dizer que: Exatamente da maneira que vc e', voce e' uma bencao. Seu jeito de ser, suas palavras, a atencao que vc dispensa 'as pessoas, seu trabalho no Alfa, na comunidade, na igreja, tem feito diferenca na vida de muitas pessoas e familias.
Isso nao e' so' minha opiniao particular. Lembra que eu e Pr. Daniel passamos a manha do ultimo sabado entrevistando membros da comunidade? ;o)
Eu tenho certeza que voce foi enviada por Deus aqui, e que tens sido instrumento nas maos de Deus neste lugar.
Deus te abencoe sempre, sempre e sempre.
Pra fechar...
Pode comer quantos pedacinhos de chocolate voce quiser, sua forma esta' PER - FEI - TA.
Um abraco bem apertado.
Nivea Morales
Post a Comment