Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Tropics in Winter

Orquids in February at the Botanical Center in Des Moines

It has been 19 years since I have been in the midwest in the winter. My remedy to beat the cold has been to drink LOTS of hot tea and hot chocolate and wear as much clothing as I can and still be able to move.

Spending time with Jessica

Today just before it rained and hailed here in central Iowa, the three of us stepped into the Botanical Center to enjoy the plants, flowers and humidity. It felt just like home...only a teeny bit cooler. :)

What I wish my yard looked like...

Just enjoying being together.
As a sidenote...Ken found a wee job in the line of cement and agregate...

Demolition and concrete. Keeps him young. :)

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hey, it was nice to finally get to meet you! Thanks again for being so nice to Phil!

Ken, Vern wants to know where your wheelbarrow is? And what in the world are you doing?

Lori, you should see my yard! It looks just like your pictures! NOT!