Sunday, June 29, 2008

About Gorillas and Blow Dryers

Checking out the flood waters in Iowa City with my sister Rebekah who studies at the University of Iowa...much of which suffered greatly in (what many are calling) the 500 year flood.


How much interesting stuff can you pack into a road trip? That all depends on where you go and who you see on the way. This is what we were able to scare up on our 12 hour trip (with stops) last Friday.


Bridge waiting to be torn down and rebuilt because the structural integrity was compromised.

Road still underwater...tree down.


Road closed to through traffic, but open to vehicles in the clean up effort.


A giant BLOW DRYER is working non-stop to diminish the humidity in this building.


Anabel found a friend in one of the U of I buildings housing the Museum of Natural History. She named him (or her!) Anabel.

Thanks for the tour, Rebekah...we had a great time!

2 comments:

Crazy Te said...

Hey! You girls look great!! I'm waiting for part 2 of your trip pictures!!!

Crazy Te said...

What beautiful ladies! I'm waiting for part 2 of your trip pictures!!