
Last month I wrote about my crockpot and how much I was missing it. (see: Mother Boards and Baby Carrots - Part I) Some time before that Ken had dismantled it after it was discovered that it wasn't working. I suspected a short in the wire. He mysteriously wisked away the outer part of the thing while the naked insides sat on my counter for about 3 weeks. I finally gave up and put it back in the pantry thinking that it might never get put back together.
Probably two days after I had given up on it, I found something glowing in the dark on the shelf in the pantry. What do you know...it was the crock pot...put back together and painted...yellow? Hmmm... Someone made a flat out judgment call and bluntly stated, "It's ugly".
Ok, fine. I will have had it a full 18 years in August (wedding gift). As long as it works, I don't care too much what it looks like, but it kinda did need a little help. Then I remembered those cute acrylic stickers that I had been saving to decapoge something special. After debating for about five minutes where to put the first one, it dawned on me that I probably couldn't make it look any worse than it already did. With no inhibitions left, it took less than a minute to get all those pretty little flowers randomly placed on the front and sides of the canister.
So next time you are in town, don't forget to stop by for lunch. I will be sure to prepare it "à la crock pot" in style.
3 comments:
5 minutes for the first sticker??? [shakes head] =) It looks nice, Lori!
Sheila, I have always had a tough time with this aspect of my life. The big question is "what if I don't like it?!?!" While being paralyzed with that thought, I have learned to realize that if I don't like it, I can always RE-DO it, right? Some might call it the "perfectionist" in me, but I am pretty sure it is the fear of leaping out and taking the plunge. My decorating ablility ranks right up there with how well I can cope with a midwest winter after living in a tropical climate for 15 years!
Look brand new. Yellow is OK
Post a Comment